This paleo chicken korma recipe is SO easy, and equally as delicious. It’s even better served the next day for lunch and freezes well. Being paleo, it’s dairy and gluten free as well. Perfect.I’m off to Thailand tonight for a little getaway with one of my sisters (yay!) which means two things: I might get a little slack on posting (sorry in advance); and, I need to make freezer-friendly meals for my boyfriend to heat up for lunches & dinners. I’m no 1950’s housewife, but if I don’t, I know he’ll just eat pizza and toast the whole week.
I’ve modified the recipe for both stove top and Thermomix and tested both ways with equitable results.
Paleo Chicken Korma
20 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking
- 1 tbs. ghee (you can also use coconut oil)
- 700g (1.5 lb.) chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) nub of fresh ginger
- 130g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbs. raw honey
- 1 tsp. salt (plus more to taste, if necessary)
- Combine coconut milk through cumin slowly increasing speed 45 sec/Speed 8. Taste for seasoning. Pour into a container and set aside. Give the bowl a quick rinse
- Place onion in bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add ghee and saute3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add chicken and prepared sauce and cook 20 min/100C//speed 1.
Stove Top method
- Melt ghee in a large skillet. Add onion and chicken and cook over medium heat, until chicken almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut milk through cumin in blender. Taste for seasoning.
- Add sauce to skillet with chicken; lower heat and cover, simmering for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking to bottom of skillet.
Original recipe from The Preppy Paleo