In your 30s, you may have started to notice signs of aging caused by circumstances that can take a toll on your skin, like stress or hormonal swings (due to age, pregnancy, or medications). It’s time to step up your regime from the basics.
Take a cue from the 34 year old Beyonce, and get your skin care regime Flawless.
1. Irreplaceable sunscreen
If you don’t already wear it every day, start. The sun causes 90% of wrinkles, and preventing them is easier than smoothing lines later on.
Tip: Sunscreen becomes even more important following exfoliation as your skin is more raw.
- Antipodes Immortal SPF15 Face & Body Moisturiser ($47.50) A natural sunscreen containing zinc oxide and potent antioxidant plant extracts to protect and moisturise skin while out in the sun. This little beauty will help keep your skin protected and hydrated come rain or shine.
2. Your face, your Halo
Skin really does get duller around your 30s, cell turnover and the metabolism of your cells will begin to slow down. To counter this, get a good exfoliator to slough off the dead skin cells. This will instantly brighten your skin and give it a healthy, youthful glow.
- 100% Pure Brightening Scrub/Mask ($34.95) The 100% Pure Skin Brightening Scrub was formulated specifically to enliven a dull looking complexion to make it more vibrant, healthy and glowing.
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub ($24.95) Made with Sea Kelp and Chlorella, the Acure Brightening Facial Scrub gently removes dirt and oil whilst restoring cells by stimulating new cell growth with 1% Chlorella Growth Factor. These active ingredients work together to smooth and brighten your complexion.
- Or, for something really heavy duty that gets right down to work, try MADARA Brightening AHA Peel Mask ($38). The active AHA peeling mask gives instant radiance with nature’s super dose of active acids. Fruit acids and vitamin C from quince fruit, blended with hydrating lactic acid and soothing elderflower provides efficient exfoliation for bright, radiant and smooth skin.
3. Beautiful Liar – don’t let your eyes betray you
For most people, the eye area is the first to show signs of aging — usually between the age of 28 to 32 —so an eye cream is a great investment at this stage of your life. By the time you turn 30 the skin under your eyes is so thin and delicate. I’ve got some fine lines appearing under my eyes and am desperate to slow them down. Prevention is always better than cure!
How to Apply: Apply eye cream with the ring finger, the weakest finger, morning and evening to the orbital bone around the eyes. Use gentle patting motions and make sure to avoid rubbing and tugging.
- 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream ($18.95) The cream is made from caffeine rich Green Tea and Coffee which has strong anti-inflammatory benefits to reduce puffiness around the eye area while increasing circulation to brighten dark circles. It also contains potent anti-ageing vitamins, antioxidants and nourishing Rosehip Oil to give the entire eye area a more “awake” and youthful glow. This cream really does live up to the hype.
- Zk’in Line Smoothing Serum ($59.95) With immediate and visible skin smoothing results, the Zk’in Certified Organic Line Smoothing Serum really is the organic alternative to wrinkle minimising injectables! You can actually feel this serum working a minute or two after applcation as it instantly tightens your skin. It’s the product that got me to go back to natural skincare again.
4. Countdown your vitamins
Vitamins, such as A, C, and E, can be applied topically to the skin in the form of serums, toners, and moisturizers. These vitamins help prevent the breakdown of collagen by reducing free radicals created by smoking, drinking, exercise, UV sunlight, and pollution. Vitamins C and E, in particular, keep skin tone even and help lighten discoloration from breakouts, pregnancy, birth control pills, and hormones. In your 30s, consuming antioxidant-rich foods, such as berries, spinach, citrus fruits, and avocados, are a great way to give your cells protection and address aging internally.
- La Mav Organic Skin Science Vitamin-C Advanced Nightly Repair Nectar ($49.95) will help even-out skin tone and counter pigmentation while strengthening collagen and elastin for luminous and younger looking skin. This potent nightly nectar contains high levels of Vitamin C and Rosehip Oil to help promote visibly lighter and evenly toned skin. Oleic acid from Camellia oil and Essential Fatty Acids from Lingonberry Seed oil help to repair skin and restore healthy glow. Natural Vitamin E from Bilberry seed oil protects and comforts skin.
- Mukti Age Defiance Night Serum ($109.95) The advanced bio-active formula is rich in highly active cosmeceutical peptides, native Australian extracts, nourishing vitamins and antioxidants. Formulated with a synergistic blend of pigment blockers, skin lighteners and natural exfoliants for age spots and age related skin damage, blemishes and dark pigmented areas, it improves skin tone.